Saturday, June 11, 2005

There might be flying cars...

So I had dinner tonight with the Myers family for whom I was a nanny last year. It was sort of our last hang-time together before I leave for Thailand. Anyway, I was telling Jon and Claire (the kids) how I expected them to keep me updated with news on the homefront. You know, if something big happens in the Austin area...like the Oasis (popular restaurant) getting struck by lightning and burning to a crisp (which happened June 1st).

They promised they would keep me updated. And we talked about how things might change while I'm gone. In the midst of all the talk Jon stated, "Yeah, like there might be flying cars when you get back." Hilarious. Jon...you always make me laugh! I'm going to miss you!

Though flying cars probably won't be the norm in just 3 years, I know things at home will change while I'm gone. But that's life! I'm just thankful for friends like Claire and Jon (and everyone else reading this) who will give me a taste of home with their emails, thoughts and prayers.

The Jetsons flying in the jetmobile. Posted by Hello

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, how nice of you to mention us! Can't wait to show this to Jon when he gets back from camp, he will love that he's mentioned and will show Claire when she gets up today! We PROMISE to keep you current and will think about you often an have you in our prayers Faye...WE LOVE YOU, XXOO, Karen, Tom, Claire and Jon

Anonymous said...

Jon and Clare sound like delightful children. I know you will miss one another; but, what wonderful stories you will have to share in the months ahead! CBI : )