I know, I know. It's been ages since my last post. What can I say? I'm a blog slacker. I'm not going to make any grandiose promises to post every day or anything. However, I do intend to continue this blog from America. As it states in my header, I may live in Texas, but part of my heart remains in Thailand. So I'll be talking a lot about that. What it's like to be a missionary on home assignment...what it's like to miss living in Shan village...and the joys of starting a new life with Dave (the love of my life and husband to be).
Let me begin with a bit of an update. Dave and I returned to the States one month ago. We spent two weeks in Boston with his family. And I was overjoyed to discover that I have some pretty great future in-laws. We enjoyed meals together, had family get-togethers, Karren (Dave's mom) threw us a fantastic wedding shower...and somehow we found the time to speak at Dave's church, buy a used truck, pack up all Dave's things, and depart for Texas.
Now that we're back in Texas, life is all about transition. We are really busy with wedding plans and trying to find a place to live. It's down to deciding between renting an apartment in the suburbs or renting a small house in downtown Austin. The house is teeny-tiny and has a lot of, let's say, "character" (i.e. not a single closet in the whole place, and no central air). But the location is amazing (right off first street downtown, for those of you who are familiar with Austin). And we can really envision ourselves making this place home. Lots of people applied for this house, and the renters decided they like us best. So pray for us! We will talk with them tonight about the details and make a decision. Next time I post, it very well may be with some pictures of our future home!
Tuesday, September 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Yeah...welcome back friend..I've missed you! Continuing to pray for you and Dave and ALL that is going on in your lives! May God continue to bless you both.
So glad you are back in Austin! Will be praying for you and Dave as you transition back to the States for a while and get ready to get married!
Thrilled you are here, and that you will be close so we can spy on you.
Faye - I came to your site through Crystal's (I think). She and I are from the same church in FL, and my friend Catherine teaches at a school in Bangkok. I'm a missionary to military teens in Germany and am marrying my own amazing man in less than 6 weeks. We met in January, started dating in late Febrary, and got engaged May 6. Just wanted to write and wish you joy! -Elizabeth
Post a Comment