Sunday, September 10, 2006

Praying Through the House

Last Sunday a few Shan Christians from another village came by our house to pray for us, our house, and for the people living in our village. It was a really nice time of dedicating our time in Sop Soi to the Lord.

One of the more meaningful things we did during our prayer time actually had to do with Buddhist spells. The previous occupants of the house had written Buddhist spells on four little pieces of paper and attached them to each of the four corner posts inside the house. So as we prayed through the house, we went to each of the 3 bedrooms and the living room, took down the spell, and then prayed in that place...asking that God would reign in our lives and in our house. Pretty cool, huh?!


Buddhist spells written in Shan language Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Spirit of Adoption said...

Powerful!!!

Anonymous said...

Faye:
I would love to hear word about your safety and any changes in your situation as a result of the recent coup. We are praying for, and thinking fondly of, you.

Faye said...

Hi TJ! Thanks for your prayers. I am safe and sound here in Northern Thailand...far, far away from the craziness in Bangkok.

However, I am traveling to Bangkok today for my VISA run. Those in the OMF offices there advised me to make the trip. There shouldn't be any problems with getting to the city...I just hope I'm able to get my VISA done quickly so I can make my return flight! We'll see!

Tell Katrina I said hello!