Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Coup in Bangkok

Just a quick post to let everyone know that I am safe and sound here in Thailand. The recent coup and ousting of Prime Minister Thaksin has had little direct effect on my daily life. Post offices were closed yesterday, as were all the schools. Not too big of a deal.

The one thing I really need prayer for is my VISA run. Once a year I must travel to Bangkok to renew my VISA. It just so happens that I am scheduled to be at the American Embassy in Bangkok tomorrow at 10 am. I'm not sure if the recent coup will have an effect on my ability to renew my VISA in a timely manner. This could be a problem!...

In about 2 hours I will board a bus here in Maehongson. I'll travel all day long on that bus to Chiang Mai where I will switch buses and spend the night traveling to Bangkok. Again, my VISA appointment is at 10 am. And I'm scheduled on a flight out of Bangkok at 4:20 pm that same day. It is not possible to reschedule my flight. Therefore, I either make it to the airport on time...or I don't! Please pray that my VISA run goes smoothly and that I'm able to make my return flight tomorrow.

Thanks so much for your prayers. Without them, I know I would not be here!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Faye,

I am definetly praying that your "visa day" will have no glitches and you will make your flight on time.

love, helen henry

Anonymous said...

Faye - my women's bible study prayed for you today (better late then never).

Blessings!
ginger