10. the electric shower in my bathroom (a luxury I don’t expect to keep when I move to the village next year)
9. cheap, yummy Thai food
8. the air con in my bedroom
7. the cool weather this week, making it unnecessary to turn on the aforementioned air con AND resulting in my shower count dropping from 3 to 2 showers a day (yes, I usually take 3 showers a day)
6. Skype (allows me to keep in touch with people for free…if you don’t have it, check it out at http://www.skype.com/)
5. the friends I’ve made here in Thailand
4. the joy I’ve experienced in language learning, particularly in developing relationships with my Thai teachers
3. the Thai kids in my neighborhood who feel comfortable enough to walk into my house without an invitation
2. how my house feels more like home with every week that passes
And last but not least, the number one thing I’m thankful for this Thanksgiving in Thailand:
1. that I do miss my friends, family, and church back home…because it’s an indicator that God has blessed me with some pretty amazing people

No comments:
Post a Comment