

It was bound to happen sooner or later. We have rats. Well, we had rats. At least I hope I can make that statement in the past tense.
Over the past few days, Beth and I have woken up to a complete mess in the kitchen...things moved about...little bits of animal poo...piles of debree (grass, dirt, etc.). The conclusion: we have pests, most likely rats. So we purchased rat traps. Handy little traps, actually. Basically a pad of sticky glue the rats get stuck in should they walk across. You put a little bait in the middle, set them out, and hope the rats come.
As you can see, the traps worked. And Beth and I are pretty proud of ourselves. Rodents are not the most pleasant part of living in East Asia. But I'm happy to learn that I can experience something like this and survive.

4 comments:
These look like mice to me. Rats would be much bigger and terribly vicious, Faye. I think they even have blood sucking fangs. Yeah, pretty sure. Good luck!
dad :)
Faye, I enjoy reading your messages and my prayers for you are plentiful.I know how difficult it must be for you to be away during your Grandma's illness and death, but I know she was proud of your devotion as are your parents. Your dad's going to be OK--I know what a struggle it is to lose a parent even when you are a Christian. I'll watch over him for you. Keep the faith! Nurse Sue
This picture reminds me of cleaning Bill's "hunting trailer". We pray for you each day and ask for patience and strength for you. Keep up the great work. Cathy
Oh Faye! I can't believe you took a picture! You should be having flashbacks to our first year at seminary and me on the chair screaming "BUG!!!" Get the Boys!!! :) I'm sorry I wasn't there to entertain you as you captured the two beasts!
xoxo
Carrie
Post a Comment