Sunday, October 02, 2005

Granny's Song

Oh, the joy to be had in worship. There is nothing like singing praises to God.

Most of you know my grandma passed away a couple weeks ago. In the last few months of her life, she would sing herself to sleep with the following Spanish praise song. I think it’s beautiful. And I want to share it with you. It's called Te Alabo Mi Señor, Yo Te Alabo.

Te Alabo Mi Señor, Yo Te Alabo
(I Praise You, My Lord, I Praise You)

Te alabo mi Señor, yo Te alabo (I praise you, my Lord, I praise you)
Porque Tú eres el todo para mí (For you are everything to me)
Porque junto a Ti voy caminando (Because together I walk with you)
Porque siento Tú presencia en mí ser (Because I feel your presence in my being)

Chorus:
Te alabo, Te alabo (I praise you, I praise you)
Mi alma no se cansa de alabarte (My soul never tires of praising you)
Te alabo, Te alabo (I praise you, I praise you)
Mientras vida exista en mí ser (As long as life exists in my being )

A veces el maligno viene (At times the malignant one comes)
Volver mi vida aprisionar (To return my life to imprisonment)
El Espíritu Santo, que es mi guía (But the Holy Spirit who is my guide)
Me sostiene y no me deja claudicar (Sustains me and keeps me from faltering)

Chorus:
Te alabo, Te alabo (I praise you, I praise you)
Mi alma no se cansa de alabarte (My soul never tires of praising you)
Te alabo, Te alabo (I praise you, I praise you)
Mientras vida exista en mí ser (As long as life exists in my being)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Faye,
I spoke to grandpa tonight and he is doing alright. He continues to receive wonderful comments on the memorial service for granny. He has also been getting mail and phone calls from others who knew granny and they will share stories of how she impacted their lives or marriages or families. Her Christian example touched many people. . . apparently more than we know.
Love, dad

Faye said...

That's good to hear, dad. Sorry I missed you when I called this morning. Hope to talk soon!

Love,
Faye

Anonymous said...

Hi Faye,
I'm a new ringer in your mom's bell choir. She sent us a link to your blog---very nice.

We are praying for you. I know from experience how hard it is to grieve the loss of a loved one from far away. All of my family lives about an 18 hour drive away, and I can't always make it home to be with them when things happen.

Very nice song.
Christy

Faye said...

Good to 'meet' you, Christy. It's nice to know you understand what it's like to live away from family. Not always the easiest thing in the world, but we just do the best we can...trusting God along the way. Thanks for the prayers!

Blessings,
Faye