Tuesday, September 26, 2006

27 pictures of our village digs

By popular demand (ok, ok...by parental request), here are a bunch of pictures of our house and surrounding area. These were all taken just this afternoon. I hope they give you a better idea of our new life.


our village home Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Crystal said...

Faye,
so glad your visa stuff worked out and you made your flight...I love the pics of your house! As always, I am sure the pictures do not do justice...we who live in Thailand know pictures always make things look nicer...but it does look quite comfy and the three of you have made a nice home for yourselves! I love the kitchen table and the living room furniture! Nice stuff! I was expecting those hard wooden benches for your living room furniture!
Looks great, can't wait to come and visit!
love you all...

Anonymous said...

Yep - I remember you telling us that the pictures always make things look "cleaner" than they really are. You've all done a terrific job at making your house a home. I can't wait to visit myself in the summer. Love - Mom

Anonymous said...

Faye - My three favorite things to watch are 1)"Grey's Anatomy" 2)"Boston Legal" and 3)"Faye in Asia" blogspot. Thank you for a new episode with lots of pictures! It reminds me of a vacation cabin or summer camp. It's a bit rustic, but comfortable. The only things missing in my imagination are the sounds and smells. God Bless you - Tricia G.

Faye said...

Crystal...
Yeah, we have been blessed by all the second-hand furniture we've received. We didn't expect nice couches, either! Let me just say, our couches and our home is open to you guys any time! Come visit!

Mom...
I'm really looking forward to your visit, too. I'm even learning how to make Shan food. It's different (they use shrimp paste and fermented soya bean in almost every dish), but really good.

Tricia...
I love watching Grey's Anatomy myself (mom sent me season 1 on DVD...can't wait for season 2), so to be grouped with that show is a big compliment! Sounds: imagine roosters crowing, pots banging, and children laughing. Smells: fresh fruit and shrimp paste.

:)
...Faye

Anonymous said...

Hey Faye, it's so fun keeping up with you...and I check it regularly as well...Can't wait to hear about your mom's visit! I miss you and think about you often and it sounds like you are settling in quite nicely. And, yes, the furniture it awesome...some day, I hope to experience your new culinary treasures...many hugs, Karen and family (p.s. my vote is to go for one of the new puppies!)