Sunday, August 27, 2006

Moving In

Well, last night (Saturday) was our first night to sleep in the village! What an experience. None of us wanted to set up our beds in our personal bedrooms...because we had yet to do any pre-cleaning. Instead, we assembled all three beds in the living room...one right next to the other...and slept in a line. That, combined with the forest noises made it feel just like Girl Scout camp all over again. I hated Girl Scout camp when I was 10, but last night I had a blast.

It's been amazing to see God provide so graciously for us over the past few days. Here's a quick list of some of the things we've seen come together (read and praise God with us!):

  • Beth's truck. She bought it in Chiang Mai after a "chance" meeting with a couple at a dealership. They were interested in personally selling their truck...which is a few years old, but with very little mileage. Great truck at a great price.
  • Transportation of my motorbike from Chaing Mai to Maehongson (a 7 hour drive). Upon packing the trucks in Chiang Mai, we realized there was no room in the back for my motorbike. I certainaly didn't want to drive 7 hours in the mountains. Praise God...a fellow missionary agreed on the spot to drive it for me and take the bus back to Chiang Mai. Awesome!
  • Weather. While transporting all our things over the past few days, we have yet to get caught in the rain. And it's rainy season!
  • Furniture. Our house is completely empty. No stove...no fridge...no nothing. BUT...we have been able to buy almost everything used from another missionary couple who is in the process of returning to their home country. They have sold us everything from a washing machine to a kitchen table to beds and couches. Little things, too...like plates, kitchen pots/utensils, plants. We may even take their two dogs (2 beautiful golden retrievers). Basically, because of God's provision through them, our house is quickly feeling like home.
  • Place to eat in the village. Literally next door to our house is a woman with a noodle shop. This means that if we are too tired to cook, we can easily get a bite to eat next door...without having to drive into town.

The list goes on and on. From the big things to the little, God's hand has been evident. This is certainly His work. I'm humbled and amazed!

Here are a few pictures from the past few days...



The three girls on moving day...just before leaving Chiang Mai for the village Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Faye,
Any decision on the Goldens yet? I can think of a couple of great reasons to keep them! But, then, we have a spot heart for dogs. I still think that Colby needs a friend. ; )
May God continue to bless the three of you and everyone in the village.
judy <><

g the therapist said...

Hey Faye - don't know if you remember - I'm a friend of Andy's. I check in on your blog sometimes and I'm so excited to see how God is providing for you in Thailand! Keep us posted!

Blessings,
ginger

Faye said...

Hi Judy...
Yes, we are getting the dogs! They are only 9 months old (though quite big already) and are brother and sister. They are so beautiful and have really sweet dispositions. We could have them as soon as Saturday!

And Hi Ginger...
I definitely remember you! Thanks for checking out my blog. Email anytime.

...Faye