Saturday, April 08, 2006

My New Family

Big news: I've moved! I'm still living in Lopburi, but I'm taking the opportunity to live with a Thai family for the month of April. I'll move back into the house I share with Beth come May.

But as of Thursday, April 6th, I live with A (pictured below, on the right) and her family. I've gotten to know A at church over the past few months. She's a great girl, and I'm encouraged in my faith to know a strong Thai Christian woman. We live in a house with her parents and her nephew, Bong.

Please pray for me as I adjust to life with a Thai family. And expect some interesting stories from me along the way. To start, here are some initial observations...a list of things that are different from my usual life in Thailand:

  1. For one, I no longer have air conditioning in my bedroom. Believe me, this takes some getting used to...especially since April is the hottest month of the year!!!
  2. We eat outside. Not only that, but their entire kitchen is outside...behind the house.
  3. A trip to Big C (the Thai version of Walmart) is no longer a quick affair, but rather a 3 hour night adventure.
  4. Entire afternoons are spent together as a family. Personal space no longer exists. And though this is difficult, it's also a blessing. I have a unique opportunity to know these people in a very intimate way!

Stay tuned for more!


Ann and A last night at the Milk Cafe Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will definitely be praying for the transition!
- Joey

Anonymous said...

Dear Faye,

I really enjoyed seeing your pictures and will be praying for your adjustment. It is funny you mentioning your bike because I have missing all those rides I took with Paul on his bike.

helen