Monday, January 16, 2006

It's official...I can read and write!

I had my Module 4 check and it went great! I had to read a few stories in Thai, and then do some dictation. I made a few mistakes when reading, but not too big of a deal. Most of my mistakes happened because I started reading faster, became a little too relaxed...and therefore, a little careless. But the bottom line is...I can read and write in Thai!

I'm still a very slow reader, but it was great to go to church this week and be able to follow along with the songs. Now I admit, sometimes they sang too fast for me to keep up. And even when I was able to keep up, I didn't always know what it was I was singing! Nevertheless, I'm encouraged!

8 comments:

Gareth said...

Well done Faye that's great! It is encouraging indeed. Keep up the good work :)

Anonymous said...

I'm sure I couldn't do it! That's amazing! Love ya - MOM

Anonymous said...

Congrats Faye! - Joey

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! We knew you could do it.
Very impressed,
Tricia Gossett

Anonymous said...

congrats, faye!! we pray for you here in MD!

Spirit of Adoption said...

It's SO good to know you are HERE...online...where we can always hear what's going on with Faye...and the SHAN for the GLORY of the LORD!!!! I'm excited to keep up with you more and continue to hear how things are going for you in Thailand!!!

Congrats on speaking and writing Tai! Praise the LORD for that grace!!!

love you, sister!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Faye, that's amazing news!...keep up the great work, we are thinking about you over here...love and many hugs, Karen and family

Anonymous said...

Faye,
Congrats girl! What an achievement! I can barely follow along with Spanish and I live in Texas...but you can read and write in Thai! Amazing! I love your blog site. It's great to read about what you are doing over there. This is the first time I've sent a comment, but I have been thinking about you and praying for you. You are loved at PCC girl! We miss you.! -Shelly Richards (PCC)