…
…okay. If you haven’t guessed it, I don’t eat Western food very often. But tonight I went out to eat with my friends Paul, Crystal, and PJ to this restaurant called the New World Steak House.

Crystal, PJ, Faye, and Paul at the New World Steak House.

The New World Steak House is owned by a lovely couple who have been married for 38 years. The husband is from England and the wife is Thai. They lived in England and Germany for awhile, but returned to Thailand about 10 years ago and opened this restaurant. And we get to reap the benefits. They serve all the goodies: steak, hamburgers, mashed potatoes. Mmmm-mmm, good.
With steak in my belly, I feel like a Texan again.

3 comments:
Great to hear from you Faye. Youve done such a nice job with your blog and thanks for adding the prayer requests section.
Steak..was it "American" tasting? We just had steak last night with the Macchias. They are a pretty amazing couple. have you found a mentor over there?
May you run to the refuge of the Lord and be glad ps 4
Faye, great blog site. By the way, Andy and I went to college with Crystal and Paul and we knew them fairly well. It was strange to open your blog site and see your face with theirs...like two worlds colliding.
Jonathan...I must admit the steak did not really taste "American" at all. But, it was nice nonetheless. As for finding a mentor, that has yet to really happen. Great thing to pray for, though!
And Susanna...I just finished having dinner and some hang-out time with Crystal & PJ (Paul's in Bangkok for the night). So funny you know them so well. We've realized we have a number of mutual friends, but had yet to make the Widman connection. Crystal and Paul are going to flip! How wild would it have been if you guys had been studying Thai here in Lopburi at the same time?
Post a Comment