Thursday, June 30, 2005

Pray with me for the Shan

The past three days I've been in Chiang Mai, Thailand for a conference focused on the Shan people. Missionaries from all different organizations gathered together for the joy of the Shan! We shared about what God is doing amongst the Shan and talked about ways in which we can partner together. Most importantly, we prayed together. One passage we used was Isaiah 45:5-7. Please join us in praying by claiming the following passage for the Shan:

5 I am the LORD, and there is no other; apart from me there is no God. I will strengthen you, though you have not acknowledged me,
6 so that from the rising of the sun to the place of its setting men may know there is none besides me. I am the LORD, and there is no other.
7 I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the LORD, do all these things.

May the Shan come to know the one true God!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Faye,
My daughter & I met you before our mission trip to South Africa from fumc in Round Rock last year. You welcomed us in your parents' home to tell us of your passion & love for Asia. I now have a passion for missions. For now, though, I will live through yours & pray for you daily. I know the children & families you touch will feel the love of Christ. May God bless you & hold you in the palm of His hands. L.Dendy

Jonathan Dodson said...

A powerful text to set our hope on in seeing the Shan come to Christ!

Prayerfully,

JD

Faye said...

Thanks, guys, for praying with me! It is a powerful text, isn't it? Liz, I remember you and Madison quite well from last year. Your daily prayers mean so much to me and I pray God would increase your passion for Him and His people.